Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Importance of Exercise

Exercise is a vital part of keeping a healthy life. I find I always feel better when I exercise and I have some gym equipment at home that has been helping me to exercise all year round.

This past week, I have not exercised as much and I can really feel the difference. It can be so easy to get into a lazy pattern and not exercise and eat properly when you are supposed to. At least I have been able to counterbalance the lack of exercise with fairly good eating practices this week. The ideal of course is to implement both into your life.

I have taken some walks outside and received some exercise - just not as much as I know my body needs and I can feel that. I also read a report somewhere that said even for older people, low impact exercise for a sustained period of time can be terrific for your health.

Regardless of the weather - try to get some exercise in. I really admire those people I see walking or jogging even when it is raining or snowing in the winter time. Try to make it part of your weekly or daily routine, which I have been pretty good about up until this week - and I plan on getting back on the bandwagon today.

No comments:

Post a Comment