Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Education Issues

Many people go to Liveperson.com for advice on various matters, from fashion advice to writing advice to tarot counseling. The times I have used the service in the past were once under a screen name of "Toronto." I discovered many interesting things about the people I chatted to online that eventually lead me to writing two books called Draft: eSpirituality Chats and Draft: Part Two. These books can be bought at: http://stores.lulu.com/kakonged.

The main reason why I was going to the site was to find out if going back to school was the right choice for me. I teach and write in Toronto and wanted to know if going back to school would be the right career move.

The psychics I spoke to, most of them told me I would get in, however I did not get into the doctorate-level programs I was hoping to get into. Instead I got into a second master's program, yet this time in education.

Recently I have had my third offer from my first choice school and once I did accept and registered for courses, I realized that I could take doctorate-level courses, while still being a master's student. If I had understood this from the beginning, I would have accepted my first offer, however at least it is not too late. The ironic thing is that I could have had the degree finished by now.

Schools often make you wait a long time in order to find out the status of your application. My training and experience in journalism has helped me a lot, however did not help my patience. I would recommend from my experience to keep busy as you are waiting for those school offers to come in. Stick to your dreams - and when they happen be grateful for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment