Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Going Back to School

This morning I got up early as usual and wanted to write on my blog right away. I was stumped. I did not know what to write about. With the summer here and things getting quiet, there really does not seem to be a lot to write about on my end.

One thing I can mention though is that I will be going back to school. I will be doing a second master's degree in education at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education at the University of Toronto. I had received entrance into different programs there since late 2007 and if I had just taken the original offer I could probably have completed my degree by now. Oh well, I guess everything happens for a reason and I hope this degree will help with more financial security for my future.

Why else does anyone go back to school, except to mainly secure a financial future for themselves? Paying for it will be slightly stressful, however I am hoping I can do it without loans because from what I hear - getting loans can be a really stressful experience once you need to pay them back. I have had luck with the two loans I have taken out before and have been able to pay them back relatively quickly.

Part of the reason I did not accept the admission offers I received in the past was because I was determined to do my PhD at U of T, or another school within Toronto. The good thing is that it looks as though I will be able to take doctoral-level courses while doing my master of education. More and more colleges are requiring that professors and instructors have doctoral-level degrees.

A lot of people go back to school in these economic times. I hope for all of you doing it that the silver lining will be there for you once you graduate and you will get exactly what your heart desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment