Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Inspiration All Around

I just got a really inspiring email from Worldwide Freelance Market while sitting here and listening to Duke Ellington's Black, Brown and Beige. They discussed the common traits of successful, best-selling authors. One of the things they mentioned is perseverance and how important this is. They also mentioned how writing often and wanting to write often is also important. I guess I should see the free time I have right now as a blessing to allow me to get the book I am working on done. Wow...it is funny how a simple email can help to put things into perspective.

I remember a job I had working in a visual library with a public broadcaster - I was dying to write every day. I would spend every available moment I had writing and understood that if I did not do this - my spirit would kind of die too. Now I have more time with a lighter teaching schedule and can make this happen. However, if you are like me the real challenge is to do things when you have less time, not more time. Meaning, I find that with my nature, I am actually more productive when I have more on my plate to deal with.

Well, I am going to get back to writing that book. I would love to hear from you about how your writing, education or other creative projects are coming along. Feel free to be the first to comment on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment